Finding a healthy meal can be tough. You’re fixated on fueling your body with the right combination of fruits and vegetables as well as the right ingredients. And eating out can be a challenge when trying to stick to a balanced meal.
At Tandur, we pride ourselves on using the best ingredients, which is why we offer a host of healthy and dietary options for those looking to eat clean. Whether you like to eat lean and green or consider yourself a curry connoisseur, you can find plenty of flavorful (and nutritious) choices on our menu; starting with okra.
Let’s take a closer look. Here are five health benefits you probably didn’t know about eating this vegetable:
- Okra is a great source of fiber, encouraging a healthy digestive system (1).
- Okra can help manage diabetic symptoms by lowering blood sugar levels. (2)
- Okra is high in Vitamin C, helping to boost your immune system. (3)
- As mentioned, okra is a great source of Vitamin C, which promotes the production of collagen and the growth of new skin cells.
- Okra is packed with calcium, making this vegetable a great non-dairy source for building strong bones.
Starting June 14, you’ll be able to try our Okra Fries during our Father’s Week celebration. Bring Dad into any Tandur location through June 21, 2019, to receive a free small plate of Okra Fries on us! And don’t forget – you can share Dad’s excitement with us on social (on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
Offers valid at all locations from June 14 – 21, 2019. Applicable for dine-in only with the purchase of a meal. Must present original offer at time of purchase. One offer per person, per visit. Not to be combined with other offers or duplicated.